Mina Opada's professional and Technical career in startups and in the corporate setting
Senior Software Engineer
Tech Software/Outsourcing Company, April 2018 - present
I'm one of 3 Technical Lead Engineers, leading a team of 7 software engineers for one of the main products of a market-leading DMS software company.
- Leads product releases. Leads, plans, and manages product releases, actively collaborating with Product Managers and Quality Assurance (QA) team
- Sprint planning. Leads sprint planning and sprint management. Actively involved in grooming the prioritized product backlog.
- Mentorship. Motivates, supports, and collaborates with with junior to mid-level Software Engineers. Our team is composed of highly skilled developers from Australia, Indonesia, China, and the Philippines.
- Performs quality reviews (code reviews). Improved the review process, more effectively catching bugs, significantly decreased reopens and defects, increasing the software quality by at least 80%
- Handles critical and sensitive client escalations
- Plans, designs, develops, enhances and maintains the product
- Technologies: C# .NET, .NET Core, WinForms, WPF, Subversion (SVN), OOP, DMS, NUnit, Git
- Tools: Agile Methodologies, sprints, scrum, JIRA, Confluence
- Led, managed, planned, and co-hosted the first ever Hackathon of the company, pioneered by the Data & Research Department. Because of this, executives and upper management launched a company-wide hackathon a year later, inspired by the initiative
- Mentored the winning team in the Company’s first ever Hackathon
- Proactively created a process improvement, automation tool during my breaks that increased the efficiency of time logging by 50%
- The go-to host for department-wide (R&D) and company-events
- Led and organized most engagement activities of the team, i.e. team building activities, weekly bonding activities, monthly potluck, etc.
More details soon. In the meantime, you can check out my LinkedIn profile